вторник, 14 июня 2016 г.

In a World of Dull Ceiling Fans, These 14 Are Actually Pretty Cool

In a World of Dull Ceiling Fans, These 14 Are Actually Pretty Cool
In a World of Dull Ceiling Fans, These 14 Are Actually Pretty Cool

Image via: ski.curbed.com
Image via: ski.curbed.com

Your home, styled by ME ;-)
Your home, styled by ME ;-)

I know. That title doesn’t speak very highly of ceiling fans, does it?


Well, as a designer, I’m not really in love with having ceiling fans in a space.


I’d rather put up a gorgeous chandelier, pendant, or some sculptural light fixture that serves as the art in the room!


But, I live in Texas. And here ceiling fans are how we survive the heat, especially in two storey spaces.


And while I’ll give in to beauty over practicality just about any time, when it comes to Texas heat I have to find a way to make this work for a lot of my clients.


We all know the ones we hate:


The ones with the boob lights and the spider lights. But it’s hard to find the good ones - the ones which have good design that you wouldn’t mind having up in your house whether it’s 95 degrees outside (and upstairs) or not.


Do they exist? Yes.


Check out some fans below that actually enhance the design of a space.


Original article and pictures take http://carlaaston.com/designed/cool-ceiling-fans site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий